Sunday, March 04, 2007

What have I been up to...

Was away on course for the last three days last week and it was very difficult staying on Cohen when you have no control over what you will be serving. But am not going whip myself with a metal studded whip but rather take it as part and parcel of this whole process. It means that am not going to expect any drastic weight loss for the next few weeks but so be it.
It was an interesting course and I enjoyed the learning journeys that we took to better understand our customers. There was a group of us ranging in terms of work experience. From 6 months in the service to 26 years so it gave me a good perspective of what the extreme ends were thinking. Very enlightening. But what I found interesting was when we did a trip to e2max at cineleisure and we were given about 45 minutes to play Counter Strike. Yes, you're probably thinking that's like so back then but oi, not everyone's into gaming so it was an eye-opening for some of us. As for me, I could never sit myself down for that long to learn any of these games. Concentration span way too short.
So how did it go? Let's just put it this way. 1/3 of the people in the group got 'sea sick' from the movement while playing the game, the other 1/3 of us got killed even before we could buy our weapons (one lady was saying that she was just thinking how cool her 'hands' looked on the screen and next thing she knew, she was dead) and there were the last 1/3 that knew what they were doing and travelled together as a group killing the rest of us! It was really funny exchanging experiences and I can truly understand how addictive this can be for young and all. It reminded me the last time I was at the arcade with MBA and the other people from 4th SC and we were playing them car racing games against each other and you get into a high with the adrenalin rush so, I guess it's pretty much the same for the kids playing these games at the expense of studies. So that was useful insight.
I was actually looking forward to starting on my Cohen meal plan after going off the bandwagon for those three days. Some of the meals that I have been cooking for myself.

From the above picture, it's some kind of green leafy veggies that I had (either kai lan or bak choy) and I fried it with mushrooms. What did I use to give it a little kick? Blended chillies (lots of it), garlic and onions and fry everything together with a bit of salt, pepper and them Braggs' spray (legit soya sauce). As for the reddish-white thing, that's crab claws that I fry with a little bit of olive oil. I just love how it breaks up and it's got the same texture as bee hoon so I have been happily having them. However, the crabstick that you get from the supermarket is a no no cuz that has flour but this one is just pure crab meat. Super yummy! No need to add salt cuz it's already a little salted.

Have also been trying these thin sliced rice crispbread as an alternative to them Meiji crackers. Don't get me wrong now, I love the Meiji crackers. But I wanted something bigger that I can use as a base for making pizza or toast equivalent. So am trying these rice crispbread. Only bummer is that after two of these, my cracker allowance for the day is gone. So now I switch between Meiji crackers and these plain rice crispbread. You can top the crispbread with egg like this. Or toast layers of mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese with these as the base and it's yummy for breakfast or light meal.

Anyways, just finished lunch (today I had fish and oyster mushrooms) so will go and munch on some fruits now. What should I have for dinner..hmmmm....

1 Comments:

Blogger Bernadette Chua said...

Liz, the food all looks so yummy. Been keeping track of all the delicious meals that you've been preparing, wish I was stying nearby to you! :P

5:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home