Sunday, January 28, 2007

My Cohen meals.

I don't cook. I mean, I really don't cook. I love food..any kind, Western or Asian, just love them. And love them more when I don't have to cook them. But recently, since going on the Cohen meal plans, I have to watch the portions and to keep it accurate, I find it easier to prepare them meals at home. Of course have fumbled many a times with the portions, but it's much easier to check than guessing the portions when eating out.

Have tried experimenting with food and it has been disastrous. But am getting a little bit better and been borrowing recipes from here and there and everywhere.

Had a craving for siew mai but since not allowed to mix proteins and not allowed to use the wanton skin, what I did was just mix minced seafood meat (i.e. fish and crabmeat), finely chopped mushrooms and added salt and pepper. Used some of the mix with portobello mushroom and grilled that. For the rest, I shaped them into round balls and steamed those. Not too bad compared to the bland steam things I have been having.
That's my version of siew mai for now :o)

And for a meal today, I used a recipe from the website and made a modified version of 'spaghetti' bolognaise. I can't use pasta of any kind so used enoki mushrooms instead and it was a nice substitute. Using minced beef, tomatoes and different spices, I made the sauce and poured it over the enoki mushrooms. Am pleased with how it turned out and made more to freeze for other nites :o)

Still have a long way to go but it's a start and am trying out different recipes. Am forced to learn to cook simple dishes. Forget about cooking fancy stuff like rendang or sambal sotong for now. Me just need to make dishes that has some taste for the next nine months :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home