Saturday, December 23, 2006

Singapore Garden Festival 2006

Been busy at work and usually leave the office just a little before 7pm and only reason am out of the office cuz the lady who normally locks up the place will be walking pass my office several times, trying to hint to me to GO HOME AND GET A LIFE! *laughs*
I needed to get some things today so decided to spent some time with me and started the day early and headed to Suntec to check out the Singapore Garden Festival 2007. Heard about it and wanted to see it. Last day for the exhibition is 25 Dec but I am pretty sure it will be super pack on that day. Lots of pretty displays and you have to see in person to truly appreciate. No pictures can do justice but have tried to take some shots and put them up on my flickr page so pop there to take a look. Have selected a few to post on the blog - just my favourite ones.
This one was done by a Canadian and I really like centrepiece. Am just hoping that the antlers came from a moose who died of old age rather than one hunted down during hunting season.

Had an urge to fly to Bali or Thailand when I saw this next display. I can image a garden just like this with the seats at the back, perfect for massaging or just lazing around with a drink at hand.

Odd how when put lots of these prickly fellas together in straight rows, the whole design looks pretty and it was quite a challenge trying to figure out how to take a shot of them all.

Level 6 had displays done by award-winning designers. You start there first and once you're done, head down to Level 4 where you can see a variety of orchids. Lots I've never seen before and I was just in awe by how many types there are out there.

If you want to see more pictures, pop over to here. Better still, head down to Suntec and take a look at the awesome displays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home