Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy Lunar New Year to one and all!

Alrighty, a bit early but have been in that mood since this morning! Even wore a top with an oriental design today to work to get into the festive mood. So what if I don't celebrate CNY but I love the long weekend that we're having. Yay!!!
We had some fun time at work today where we could sign up for different things to do. And I signed up for a scrapbooking session where we were taught to make a card. It was kinda 'stressful' cuz I had to make sure that I was tearing straight eventhough the instructor told me there was no such thing as having to tear straight but rather JUST TEAR! But I did managed to keep the tearing as straight as I could and am rather pleased with how it turned out. Next question is, when am I going to 'scrapbook' my next card? I have no idea.
But I realised that you can tell alot about a person just from that activity. A person's likes and dislikes (from the colours/patterns), from how they go about doing things such as tearing them papers, where you put your scraps (in the bin or just chuck it somewhere on the table to clear later) etc. Was good fun.
What am I going to do this weekend? Saturday I am going to do nothing work related. Am going to buy some veggies and maybe catch a show before that. Just do nothing important basically. Cuz Sunday and Monday, will have to do some work from home. Anyways, am not going to think about that for now.
Am very happy with the dinner I had. Cooked prawns with dried chilli and garlic and a dash of salt and squeezed lemon juice. Kept the shells on (so had to estimate the weigh) but it tasted so much better cuz the shells help keep the sweetness in. Yummy!

I also made some other stuff this week that I captured on my camera. I used tofu which I can't have too often thanks to my gout. But since I can't deep fry it, am not missing very much I think cuz it's pretty bland tasting. Either that or me just not doing it right. Anyways, I cooked it in a soup with lots of other kind of veggies and made the soup sourish so that wasn't too bad. These are tofu (without egg) so anyone has any idea how else I can cook it other than just steaming it? :o(
I also made mushrooms almost like how they serve at Friends. Trick is this. When you have a piece of steak, seal the flavour on a heated saucepan on both sides and then pop them into the oven. Keep draining the juices from the meat and keep it. Cuz it's to be used for the mushrooms. Cook until meat done how you like it.

For the sauce, brown some slices onions and then put in the cut mushrooms. I prefer using button or field mushrooms but portabello might be too hard for this. After onions nicely browned, me threw in the mushrooms and cook them with the juices. Also added salt and pepper. I also added a little lemon juice or you can use balsamic vinegar for a kick. And chopped some tomatoes and scatter them with the mushroom for some colour *laughs*

I also fried some kangkong on another night together with garlic mushrooms and it wasn't too bad. The kangkong was cooked by using chopped garlic, onions and chillies. Also chopping prawns into small pieces and fried them all together before putting in the kangkong. Salt to taste. Boleh lah :o)

What's my next 'experiment'? To make chilli crab dip like how they serve it at Hard Rock Cafe. I have my crab meat and now just have to figure out the recipe. That's the only way to 'survive' on Cohen, to try and modify the things that I enjoy eating from before! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home