Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Oh where did the long weekend go....

It's almost midnight and am mentally trying to prepare myself for work tomorrow. Have been looking forward to the CNY weekend for a looooong time and now it's over!!! Will be quite a well before we have another nice long break I think *sighs* Very sad. Didn't get much done over the weekend except for what HAD to be done. Didn't help that many of the shops were closed too on Monday and today except for the supermarkets. Was hoping to do some window shopping but this is something that happens ONCE a year in Singapore when everything shuts down. Do feel sorry for the tourists here especially when they are here for a few days only and not able to do any shopping.

One nice thing that I did do over the weekend was figure out how to make chicken schnitzel cohen style of course. Am surprised how nicely it turned out and thought it would be perfect if I had a nice fruity sauce to go with it...something sourish like peach or apricot or mango sauce. Did google for sauces but all of them were not 'cohen legit' so that was a real bummer.


Quite lecih to do this but I think it's worth it. Used half of my crushed Meiji cracker protions to cover the chicken breast with crumbs (after I gave it a good whack to tenderise it). The left it in the fridge for 20 minutes. Sealed the flavour for 2 minutes on each side over the pan. Use the rest of the crumbs to coat the chicken before popping it into the oven for another ten minutes. And it turned out well, cooked inside, and nice and cripsy on the outside. For veggies, I simply grilled mushrooms and tomatoes with some seasoning. Am getting bored with my veggies done like that so need ideas!!

Saw some yummy sausages at the supermarket and had a craving for some. Can't have the usual ones so had to use my portion of minced beef to make my own sausages. Cuz my portions are too small and I can't use egg, I wasn't able to make them longer. These turn out rather like kebabs actually. So might actually combine the tomatoes and mushrooms and other stuff and make some kebabs! Chilli sauce would make this oh so perfect. That's another thing to figure out, how to make my own chilli sauce and don't tell me just blend them in a food processor. It ain't that easy. I know cuz I tried *laughs*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home