Sunday, February 11, 2007

Food Obsession.

If you notice, the last few posts have been around the theme of FOOD *laughs* Yes, it all started when I went on meal plan with Cohen Lifestyle Clinic and tomorrow will be my first month of eating to lose weight. As I was explaining to people, I am going through a grief and loss process cuz am 'deprieving' myself of food that I absolutely love, in exchange for small portions three meals a day (plus fruits and crackers) and a much healthier way of preparing my food. Made a list of top ten dishes I am missing the most right now and they are not in any order of preference. I could do top 50 dishes but let's just stick to ten for now :o)
1. Prata / Murtabak Daging (Mutton with no onions)
2. Hjh Maimunah's Nasi Padang especially the siput, paru goreng and sambal sotong.
3. Tulang Masak Merah
4. Chilli Crabs
5. Japanese food especially from Don Sushi which has lovely handrolls
6. Durians
7. Fast Food like KFC and MacDonald's meals
8. Nasi Ayam / Chicken Rice
9. Pondok Jawa Timur's Nasi Campur and Tahu Telur
10. Satay especially Satay Babat (tripes) at East Coast Food Village
Yes, if you look at the list I have, not healthy but they are damn tasty. And reason why I listed these food is part of my 'acceptance stage' where I know I cannot have them for the next 8 months. And Slawek brought up an interesting idea. In 8 months time, let's see if I still crave for these ten things. My bet is that I will definitely want to eat them all. Maybe not all in one sitting but definitely would want to have them *laughs* Might not eat them as often, but u cannot take these food away from a true blue Singaporean girl!
I love my weekends cuz it's alot more relaxing especially in the morning. Started the day by making myself a nice breakfast and took my time to enjoy it. Trick is to prepare a few portions at a time so that I don't have to rush on weekdays. So prepared two portions and kept on in the fridge for tomorrow morning. Very simple breakfast. Hard boiled egg, mashed up with salt, pepper, dried dill and added a tiny bit of low fat mayonaise. Layer the cracker with tomato slices and egg and bit into it. Yummy. At the bottom right corner, it's vitamins that I take each day - part of this eating plan.


Will be doing a weigh-in tomorrow so let's see how it goes. Am going to head out now and try and get some errands done. Not going to think about starting work for tomorrow cuz I have some work that I need to do for tomorrow. Thankfully, it's a late start for me tomorrow so will be able to have a nice breakfast before going to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home