Friday, February 09, 2007

TGIF!

Yay, am just so glad that it's finally Friday!!! Weekend here again and have been looking forward to the weekend so that I can *drum roll* do nothing!!! Well, at least that's the plan for now :o)
Mag and I just finished Back to Basics I and after CNY, we will be doing the B2B II. This is definitely an improvement for us cuz we are starting our BB dancing again after stopping for a while. We are still rusty but got to start somewhere ya after such a long break. Thanks Az for volunteering to do them sessions for us.
As for Cohen-wise, we're almost going into our first month. Managed to experiment some and took pictures for some of the meals I had this week.

I purchased this mini steamboat from Isetan and it's like playing masak-masak I swear. If it came with a hot plate then it would be perfect! Am looking for a small hot plate that I can use to grill my food as I eat. Anyways back to the steamboat, I still have problems with making the soup. Used onions, garlic, salt and pepper but the taste is just not right. Mom revealed that she usually add some kind of stock to add to the flavour. And thus the problem cuz I am not allowed that. I put the prawns in hoping that it will help sweeten the soup but my prawn portions are way too small to make any difference. Many dashes of pepper later, I managed to have my meal but didn't finish up the soup. This easily can be used for two people or maybe even three (if everyone's on Cohen *laughs*). It was kinda fun and once I solve the soup problem, will do this again. Any ideas anyone?

Had a surprise when I made this one. It's basically ground beef fried with garlic that I had placed in the freezer some time back. And thought it was about time I ate it. But I needed some taste so added curry paste that I made, threw in chopped tomatoes and mushroom and let it simmer. And threw in some left over crush crackers that I had. And surprisingly, it taste rather nice, rather like kheema. This is something that I can see myself eating with chapati. Not now at least but in nine months...possible!!


And another meal that I did using mushrooms and tomatoes. Am just amazed how many types of mushrooms there are and I am happily trying them out but my favourite still has to be portobello cuz they are just so meaty tasting. I bought some turkey meat that was prepared but it's such a big mistake cuz it's super salty. Had a headache after that. Eventhough I used it with tomatoes and mushrooms with lots of seasoning, it didn't take away the salty taste. Will try this with fresh turkey/chicken meat next time. Wish I could top it with some cheese and then toast it but alas, not allowed to have cheese with them other proteins :o(

Dinner time so am going to fix myself some portobello mushroom and cheese...grilled. Yum yum!! Have a great weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home