Sunday, January 25, 2009

Turning 65 ...

Who's turning 65 you ask? Well, it's my Dad who's turned 65 today! We had a lil small cake cutting ceremony with the grandkids happily blowing the candle and cutting the cake for him, and then digging into the sugary cream on the cake. I wanted to take him out for dinner with my Mom but with it being Chinese New Year period, most places were also booked out. So we'll probably do a belated dinner next weekend.

This photograph was taking a long time (as you probably can notice I was MUCH slimmer then *sighs*) and my bro was doing his training and he took us for a ride which was pretty cool.
My Dad and I get along very well. I think it's cuz my Mom and I are similar in character and we tend to get into clashes alot and poor Dad's always stuck in between us cuz he pretty much lets me get away with anything and that would drive Mom totally crazy! Both my parents have been very supportive for what I do. Even till today, they will still ask about how's work and Dad would share his own experiences to help me cope with any difficulties I had at work.
Dad used to be in the Police Force and was a Station Inspector before he retired. I remember 'growing up' at the police station because he would be done at work and my school was just across from the station so I would walk to the station, meet up with him and then we would pick Mom from her work place.
He's gone through alot ... lost his Mom at a young age, had a Dad who was real strict but had sisters and a brother who looked after him. He then joined the police force (and I have pictures of him in his uniform and back then, they really wore shorts!).
What I admire about him is that he puts his family ahead of his own needs. When he had us, he basically stopped buying things for himself so that he could buy what us kids needed. And now that he has grandkids, he still doesn't buy things for himself even though he may need them, but wouldn't think twice about spending money on his grandkids. I am really lucky to have a wonderful Dad and I pray that he live a long and healthy life to see his grandkids grow up and let them spoil him in return! Happy Birthday Abah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home