Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My dream car ...

Do you have a dream car? What's that dream car of yours? For the longest time, I've had and still have a fascination for the gorgeous Volkswagen, the older models though the new ones are nice but the older models are simply gorgeous. And I was corrected by a fella who works for VW, these are called transporters not cars *laughs* Roger that!
Unfortunately, it's pretty pricey to own one of these babies and maintenance or repairing them will cost me an arm or leg or both as they would need to bring in the parts from overseas. But I continue to dream that someday, I will be driving in one of these babies.
And I have the exact one that I want. It has to be yellow because it's the colour of the sun and it always makes me smile. And it has to be a convertible. Yeah, go ahead and laugh. A convertible in this part of the world *laughs* Yes, yes, yes. But it's my dream car so indulge me k (photograph below is a borrowed photo of somebody's car).

I get very excited when I see them on the roads here and recently I saw one cool one nearby where I live. I saw it before and didn't have my camera at hand. And I was fortunate that evening after finishing grocery shopping at Cold Storage at Heartland Mall, I saw this beauty screaming one at me! Whipped out my camera and took a photo. Didn't see the owner around so couldn't talk to him/her. It reminded me of an old military tank!

What I should do now is add my dream car into my Vision Board huh *grins* Will go and work on that right now!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Naomi Champy said...

I still have my Bug that I acquired during my college years. My dad is forcing me to sell it because it's small, leaks all sorts of fluids, and lacks any modern features. But it has sentimental value and I just can't let it go. Good thing I was able to find a VW shop nearby. They didn't just restore it - they tricked out my Bug. Now I drive it proudly around town.

11:53 pm  
Anonymous Leisa Dreps said...

A cute yellow VW might be a nice choice. I love the way you say it: the color of the sun makes you smile. And yeah, the color on that car generates a very sunny feeling.

10:21 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Volks cars have the most unique and vintage-like design among the other cars in industry. Even if it doesn't have the emblem, it can be easy for us to distinguish it. @Leisa: I totally agree with you. It's really fun to drive a car that can bring a cheerful atmosphere to the town.

Basil Glenn

10:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home