Saturday, December 27, 2008

Just one more day ....

If you had a chance to spend just one more day with one person, who would that person be? I was thinking about it and for me, that one person that I would like to spend with my Auntie Sue who passed away in 29 July 2003. My parents were with her til the end in New Zealand and because of work, I wasn't able to make the trip there to say my farewell to her.

How would I spend the 24 hours with her? I would use the morning to fill her in as to what has happened since the last time we spoke and probably spend the rest of the time showing her some of the changes that has taken place in Singapore. Although she was living in NZ, she called often and we even wrote to each other to keep each other updated on happenings with the family. She made it a point to visit as often as she could and I remember as a kid, we used to alternate between the two countries during the holidays. And when my brother and I went to NZ, she always took good care of us and made sure we had a good time there.

And she was one person that I could talk to about anything and she was always encouraging and supporting me, telling me that I could do anything that I wanted to. And she would also share her own experiences and that helped alot. It has always been my regret that I could not thank her in person for being such a great aunt and a wonderful friend that I could turn to anytime. I would also tell her I miss her dearly and she is always in my thoughts ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home