Saturday, April 07, 2007

Love my weekend!

I love my weekends cuz I have time to try different things. During the weekday, I cook the simpliest thing possible so that I can quickly get to work. Another criteria for weekday is that the food must be okay eaten cold cuz there's no microwave where I'm at.

Had an idea today and decided to try it out for lunch and it turned out rather nice. Had leave over crab meat from last nite and decided to use it and stuff a sotong and then oven back it in my handy little oven.

I diced some mushrooms and tomatoes, chopped up finely some chilli padies and stir fry all that quickly with the crab meat, dashed a little pepper, salt, garlic powder and onions. Ran out of balsamic so used some apple cider vinegar instead (still prefer the taste of balsamic compared to the apple cider vinegar).

When it's almost cooked, took out some and stuffed the squid (which I rubbed the outside with a little bit of olive oil). I didn't have a large squid (will use a big one next time round) so didn't get to stuff very much in. Then added a dash of pepper, salt and garlic powder on the outside and popped it into the oven for about 15-20 minutes till the squid was nice and chewy.

With the rest of the crabmeat, I threw in the rest of the mushrooms (sliced ones) and fry them some and serve it as a side with the squid.

Once done in the oven, cut the squid into poppable size and don't forget to squeeze a little lemon or lime all over and eat away. Verdict - NICE considering that it's an experiment.

As for dinner, had marinated some thinly sliced beef two days ago and the flavour really seeped into the meat. Grilled it tonight and then fried some green veggies with shitake with the remnants from grilling the beef to get the flavour into the veggies. Nice!!!
Had a good day today with two neat meals!!! Now what about for tomorrow. Am going to try and attempt chicken soup again. Had some failed attempts before and yes, it's suppose to be real simple I know but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home