Monday, May 22, 2006

Big Walk 2006

Yes, I finally joined heaps other people today to do the Big Walk as a fun walker (that means, I will TRY to finish the route and if I don't manage to it's okay cuz I'm not competing. Ha!)

First time doing it and it was quite an experience. Have the aching body to show for it but am glad I finished. Helped that I wasn't alone but with a few other people. And it took us two hours to walk the whole 10km and it was nice when we saw the 9km flag. Didn't feel so tired then. Were there moments where I felt like giving up? Sure thing but kinda impossible to give up anyways cuz roads were closed and no traffic allowed...how was I going to jump on a bus or take a cab? Kinda smart when you think about it cuz it forces you to have to walk *laughs*

And yes, being a typical Singapore event, shopping was included as part of this affair. Odd thing was a saw heaps of them aunties and makciks who were at the finished area and didn't look like they broke a single drop of sweat. And they were armed with 12 bottles of sunflower cooking oil and trolley bag of 3 in 1 coffee mix. Hmmm, did they actually walk or were they there to buy the goodies that were on offer? *grins*

And yes, I did shop to. Bought them heated plasters and pedometer for my Dad. And those who never owned a pedometer, it comes with a long instruction list. Geez, here I was dumb enough to think all I had to do was clip it on and walk. Nope, not that simple.

As to whether I will do the Big Walk for next year, let's wait and see. To the others who did the Big Walk today..congratulations. Hope you had as much fun as I did! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home