Monday, February 27, 2006

Things Japanese....

The Japanese people must be one of the most creative people ever. I mean, I have never been to Japan myself but was told that it's gadget heaven if you are a gadget person. And who would think of having anything and everything via the vending machines? Was told that you can get pipping hot chippies from a vending machine. Always had this idea that there's an old lady who works IN the vending machine and busily dishes out things when order being made. Now these venting machines are a must see if I get the chance to see Japan.

I love watching Japan Hour. Why? Because the presenters make the simpliest meal look like it's heaven sent! Like the oooohhhhssss and aaahhhhsss plus the orgasmic look that comes with tasting a super expensive and super thin slice of beef...they must know something that the rest of us obviously have been deprieved of for yonks.

And they have to be like tops in coming up with things kawaii or cutesy. I am NOT a Hello Kitty fan or POKEMON or whatever cutesy character they have there. Am also not a manga fan. But when it comes to two things in particular, I kinda go a little nuts.

One is this new Unazukin which are forest fairies that nods and shakes her head when listening to you. Yes you are probably thinking right now 'sucker' but that I am. It is just the cutest and yes, all she does is nod her head once or twice or shakes her head once or twice...but it's just so cute lah. So far, I have spotted only the Flower Series and yes, they have lots of other series like Nature Version, Gift Version, Yura Yura Version, First Version and the one I am SOOOO eyeing, the World Version. If anyone knows where I can get my hands on the World Version (at reasonable prices please), do let me know ya.

Anyways, this is the first one that I got 'Rose' and will get the other from the flower series too.

And what is the other thing Japanese that I am crazy about? Well, it's them Kokeshi dolls. I only have two at the moment but am definitely looking to increase the numbers. I will devote another post just for them kokeshi dolls yes.

Till then, have my Unazukin to keep me company while I mark away. Am thinking I really need to get a life cuz of marking away on a beautiful Sunday and my Rose is nodding her head TWICE *sighs*



3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I love all things Japanese too.Your Kokeshi collection is off to a good start. Isn't it amazing how much personality is expressed by a few simple lines? I love the little egg shapped dolls. I think there is a special name for them but I don't know what it is.

10:24 pm  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

Hi saltygal,

Am so looking forward to obtaining more Kokeshi. Been ebaying some so hope to get some good vintage ones. And yes, the egg shaped ones are so unique. No idea what they are called either but will definitely keep my eyes open :o)

10:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unazukin did you saw it any in singapore?? or you saw that at japan?? can you get it for me about 10 different design, i'll pay you, i from sinagpore this is my email address eric_lester_sim@yahoo.com Please do contact me thank you

12:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home