Monday, June 12, 2006

Spot me!

Going out to the movies can be very expensive in Australia. On Tuesday when the prices go down, for two people it would cost about AUS$17. On other days, it came to about AUS$30, if I got it right. Makes me appreciate that during peak period, it only costs me S$17 for two people to catch a show here over the weekend and cheaper on weekdays or off peak hours. Totally can understand why families choose to stay at home and get a VCD/DVD and watch with the family because it can be really pricey for families to go out...tickets, drinks, popcorn! Anyways, picture taken of me on a Tuesday and the guy had to stick his head out to see if there was anyone. He was probably grumbling that he had to screen the movie just for us.

Another interesting fact that I am not used to. You purchase tickets but it's free seating. First time I learnt about that, the kiasu person in me started panicking and was thinking 'hurry hurry, must be first there to pick the best seats'. And when I walked in and there were a few people scattered about, I thought to myself 'Oh!'. Guess no need to allocate seats when the cinema never gets full? Or people will just nicely move in and leave no seats empty so that others can have seat?

I am sorry but coming from Singapore, even with allocated seats we have meanies who occupy other people's seat and pretend it's their own until confronted. They will just continue to sit and watch the true owners of the seat panic and look around frantically for the seats. I have seen it happen twice and had to tell the people off once cuz the poor kids were too scared to say anything to the grownups. Shame on you seat snatchers!!!

Anyways, it was quite difficult choosing the best seats when the whole place was empty *laughs* Yes am totally useless. Am so used to how things are allocated or assigned and when I'm actually spoilt for choice...I don't know which choice to go for :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home