Sunday, January 08, 2006

Crafty 2006 for me...

It's most definitely going to be a crafty year for me. Being on flickr has gotten me hooked on things crafty. Am even thinking of taking up knitting classes after seeing all the gorgeous things that are made by talented people on flickr. But can't seem to find classes right now cuz they seem to have them in the morning or afternoon. Now until I turn tai tai, I will not be able to attend those classes. It's as if one who works is not allowed to knit. Utter rubbish.

Have been on flickr for some time now and have made some friends with people who appreciate handmade things and they themselves make beautiful hand made items from toys to jewellery, bags and baby clothes and heaps more stuff. And it has also encouraged me to try out different things and everyone is so kind eventhough some of the things I made are hmmm...let's say lots of room for improvement, everyone is so encouraging. And I am constantly impressed by what others can do.

Anyways, ended last year with books that I got on crafty stuff and started this year with making one of them following the instructions closely. Am so into sock kids / sock pals right now. This is the first one I made and now am hunting for socks in different shades of brown to make the faces.

How can one resist a cutie like that? *laughs* Anyways, am having with these and am constantly looking out for them socks when am out. As to what's next, not sure yet but let's see....


2 Comments:

Blogger Simone said...

Hi Liza! Just popping by to admire your creations ... SO CUTE!!!! As for knitting classes, I believe Golden Dragon at People's Park Centre has lessons on Saturday and Sunday. Or your could pick it up from books, especially the ones with lots of pics :)

11:14 pm  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

Hi Simone, thanks for the info about the knitting classes. Might try and book first and if I get real desperate (being a monkey see monkey do kinda person) I probably have to sign up for them classes! :o)

12:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home