Saturday, December 17, 2005

One Moose, Many M_ _ se?

English is a complicated language to me and makes no sense sometimes. Let's take the word moose. Am sure the experts will have some technical explanation for this but I am a simple girl who needs simple logical explanation for things :o)

LOGICALLY:
One goose, Many geese
One moose, Many meese
.

Ah no, somehow it's still many moose! What logic is that? Went around some time back and asked several English teachers about it and they confirmed that it's many moose.

Next thing, my fascination with them moose. Yes I have a 'thing' for them and it all started on my very first trip to Sweden (Mooseland). I saw a plush moose with a Viking hat and that was it, love at first sight and it has continued till today. I have a lot of moose plushies right now. And I mean ALOT. Yes, bought heaps from my two trips to Scandanavia and when I was in Canada (another moose paradise), I brought back 11 moose, to the amazement of the other officers (it was an International Air Cadet Exchange programme and i was chaperoning two cadets from Singapore).

Why the fascination with things moose? Well, they are cute (though they are not so cute in real life when fuming mad) and they have a very duh look about them and that I find simply adorable. And thanks to my dear friends who have helped me build my collection of moose plushies (yes, I only go for them plushies).

Unfortunately, they are all wrapped and kept in boxes and waiting for an opportunity for me to have a room to display all of them *grins* Soon, I hope.

Have I seen a real moose? Unfortunately, the only real living moose I have seen is at a zoo in Stockholm and was told that it was a teenage moose. So it would be a real dream come true to be able to see a real moose in the wild some day. Was told that I would need to be out in the country in them cabins to see them moose and that also, depends on how lucky I am. I am patient. I can wait!

Anyways, as a test project, I made a moose from felt and it's my first. It was a real headache cuz stuff the skinny legs...tuff, real tuff! Am going to probably turn this fella into a book mark or key chain or something.


2 Comments:

Blogger 3A Gurl said...

I like moose too. So adorable they are, with their big prong horns and their "did I do that look?". Think I have a moose plushie lying around somewhere - a small portable one that can travel anywhere, even in SG.

Maybe we can go wildlife safari in the northern hemisphere one day.

2:45 pm  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

That's right! The blur sotong look is just to die for :o)

That would be so cool to check out the moosies. Can you imagine oooohhhing and ahhhhing at the sight of them moose! So cooool!!!

11:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home