Friday, December 30, 2005

Akan datang ..... 2006

I am so in denial right now. Why? Cuz in a few more days, am going to start the school year again and it's back to work proper (that is, 7am to 6pm each day at work five days a week, and if I am lucky, will leave work at 5pm). I can hear the parents jumping for joy and doing a count down to the days that their kids go back to school so that they don't have to constantly think of ways to entertain their kids anymore after two months of having to look after their kids for more than a few hours a day.

Yes, I am that grouchy right now. My table is still a mess. I have not completed my yearly ritual of clearing my work station to make space for the trash that I will be accumulating for the year. There is a landslide waiting to take place at my desk cuz I have two huge stack of files, papers and god knows what else .... balancing dangerously, threatening to collapse any minute. I kept telling myself I had time to clear my work station and kept it to the very last minute and when the 'last minute' is finally here, unplanned things keep popping up and keeping me away from doing what I need to do *sighs* Bummer!

Yes, I am a proud wannabe tai tai. I don't think I will bored with going for facial one day and manicure and pedicure on another day and meet up with friends for tea and mahjong session (would need to learn to play that game cuz all I know is PONG!). Of course I will spend some hours doing charity work and then spend the rest of the time shopping and doing whatever else them tai tais do. I am so ready for that.

Things I will miss doing once I head back to work:
1. Watching telly till wee hours of the morning (especially watching repeats of Nanny screened after midnight on Hallmark Channel).

2. Playing with my new sewing machine and trying to sew things that don't resemble what they suppose to be.

3. Going for nice lunches at nice places at lunch time (back at work means having lunch at 3pm or even 4pm sometimes).

4. Going shopping at 10am when it's so nice and quiet (okay, not 10am but 11am cuz I wake up about 10am naturally with no alarm clock going off).

5. Waking up after 10am on my own and rolling around in bed for a few more hours.

6. Reading magazines after magazines and not worry about having to do any work.

7. Surfing the net and googling things that are fun and frivilous and totally not work related.

8. Going for movies during off peak hours and not having to pay peak hour rates.

9. Going for trips, even short ones to Kuala Lumpur.

10. Having lunches and dinners with other teacher friends.

Trust me the list can go on but some of you probably thinking that we do very little work. Well dunno about the others in the same profession but the whole of November was spent at work. And for December, I had about 10 days of doing all those things that I listed above. So I really deserved those 10 days cuz that was about the only break I got for this year.

Am I rested and recharged for work? Nope. I am still feeling tired and not looking forward to work as I should. Tarot card lady said that it's going to be a SUPER SUPER busy year for me...yippee *sighs* Got to watch my health cuz will be SUPER SUPER tired and backache will be a nuisance for 2006. And it seems that 2006 will be a year for lots of major decision making for me...work and personal life.

Got some goals that I need to work on for 2006. Top five would be the following:

1. Take better care of health. Threadmill machine, here I come!!!

2. Get out more often as in less work and more balanced life than 2005.

3. Meet up with old friends more often than 2005, at least once every few months rather than once a year. Must be the ageing process *laughs* and getting all nostalgic about this.

4. Pick up a new fun skill. Learn something new that will help destress from work (knowing me, even that will be stressful cuz got to get it just right). Ah yes, suppose to continue on some old 'skills' that I picked up this year cuz don't want to waste all the money pumped into that!

5. Put aside and spend more quality time with S and COMMUNICATE with him alot more than what I have been doing for 2005.

These are the main five things for me to work on for 2006 and the list is in no particular order as they are all important.

Have a few more days to psyche myself up for work and start the whole year again. Am wishing myself luck here cuz need loads of that to pull me out of this denial stage :o) and into the acceptance stage that me no tai tai so need to work work work *laughs* Oh well, that's my lot in life and I should be thankful that I am healthy, have a job and have a wonderful family and friends around me. Yes I have many things to be grateful for and I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home