Monday, December 19, 2005

Schizo Moosey

Thanks to the idea from Karen, I finally decided to try making a moose and made this one here who is a wee bit of a schizo. On one side he is blue for days when we're feeling blue.

And when you flip him over, he is all pink and covered with flowers. Anatomically female moose cannot have such antlers so this is not a female moose but rather a male moose who is very much in touch with his feminine side. Good on him.
Had a hard time making him cuz he was rather hard to stuff with the stuffing. But it's a start and this moose was sewn by hand 100%. Will there be other such moose, only time will tell *grins*. Got to make them moose with fat legs rather than skinny ones like this.

Another thing yesterday, we went shopping for a sewing machine. Yes, yes, finally decided it's about time I got one. My Mom, the advisor came with me and she insisted that we got a Singer one. She's from the old school that believed it should be a Singer sewing machine or you sew by hand.

So a Singer machine we got and it was a basic one. Just a variety of stitches but nothing fancy where you can programme, set the cloth in place and let it sew by itself and you can go cook. By the time you finish preparing a 10 course dinner, the sewing computer would have a top all done. Nope, nothing like that though we did see a few such mean machines at the shop.

Here's how my new friend looks like:



When in school, we were introduced to the fancy sewing machine and while the teacher was giving instructions, I of course started touching my machine and don't know what happened but I stepped on the pedal and my finger was at the wrong place (where the needle was) and somehow my finger got jammed with the needle pressing onto my nail and *shivers* okay, bad memories but never dared used the machine afters. Managed to complete all the projects thanks to my Mom!

And many many years later, finally got my own machine and took it for a test drive. We did we do yesterday, well Dad needed his pants altered (shortened) so Mom made the adjustment and we used the machine to sew the bottom bit. And it took two people (me and Dad) to complete to pants and we saved a grand total of $6 for both pants! Not too bad for a first go.

Would love to try out a few more things but let's see how that goes. Think my Dad is just as excited as I am about the machine and was teasing him that he could set up shop at some corner and do alteration work for $3 per piece.

I just have to make sure that the machine doesn't become a white elephant!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

oh no, I hope they didn't charge you custom tax for it cuz it's clearly stated there meant for a gift. Will keep my fingers crossed that they won't be that mean!

12:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home