Saturday, November 19, 2005

Work retreat at Changi Village

Part of work required me and some of my colleagues to join other others at a work retreat at Changi Village. Stayed at the Changi Village Hotel which has a lovely infrastructure (newly renovated and all) but super crappy service. One of the waitress didn't know what was 'salt' when a colleague asked for it over dinner. When asked for extra serving of rice we were told that it was in the process of being cooked. When asked for our desert (mango pudding according to the printed menu), we were told that the chef didn't make enough and had served it to another group and we got cut fruits instead (the other group had the pudding, fruits and cakes). They had insufficient cutlery for all of us. They really need to work on their service if they want to last!

Part of the R&R included a boatride to nowhere. The last time I went to Pulau Ubin some years back, it was still the old jetty made from planks and was a balancing act trying to get from the jetty and into the boat. Was shocked when I saw the new terminal .... very impressive. No fear of falling into the sea while aiming to get on the boat. Was very very impressed.

Also took some shots from my boatride. Am annoyed with my camera cuz there's an irritating spot that I can't seem to get rid of despite attempts to clean everything cleanable! Would appreciate it if anyone can help me figure out how to get rid of that spot. You'll see the spot in some of the pictures I am posting here. Very frustrating.

This is how the bumboats that I sat on for about 1.5hrs ride to nowhere. This is much better than the one I sat on when I was in college cuz the older one, we got wet and it was a choppy ride and was a wee bit scary. But we were younger and restless then (yes and stupid too cuz doubt any of our parents knew we were out at see *thinks*).

We had four boats going out that evening and cost about S$60 for whole boat that could take 13 people. This was the boat that was infront of the one I was on. Upon closer look, boat looks rather fragile but it didn't feel bad at all.

Like this photo. Had to specific reason just liked the different texture of rubber, water, wood and rope and though it would make nice picture.

This is one of the few aquafarms that we saw on the boat ride. Was just thinking how it would be like to live on one of these farms.....wow.


Spot the spot! *laughs* Am trying to 'get over it' but it's hard. Anyways, try and look BEYOND the spot and enjoy the sunset view.

By the time we headed back to Changi and did the board walk, it was pitch dark but enjoyed the time and was very very relaxing.

Must definitely do that again. Or was told to go to Ubin for seafood so that's something maybe I can suggest to the girls for an MBA outing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Liz, the service has always sucked. NOTHING has changed about the bloody service. Everytime me and Phil stay there, we always have something to bitch about. lol.

2:32 am  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

Disgusting. And they have done nothing about it? How do they expect to last like this!!

8:21 pm  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

Dear Aqua,
You are so kind dear about the dot. I am learning to live with it cuz it's going to cost me S$150 to fix the spot problem as I need to change the whole CCD screen from the camera. So will bear with the dot till then *grins*

10:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home