Saturday, October 22, 2005

TGIF


As I was rushing off for my medical appointment today, saw some boys at school sitting by the newly built koi pond. It was quite a sight to see them sitting very quietly and enjoying the many koi that we have in the pond swimming about.

I was a little apprehensive when told that we were going to have a koi pond. My fear was that we would come back to school the next morning to find either the koi missing or floating cuz the kids were up to no good. But again, the kids surprised me and to date, no koi has been injured in their hands. If they died or got hurt it was on their on. On one occasion, a few of the koi jumped OUT of the pond. We've also had the little gold fish that were placed in there to 'test' the water conditions getting sucked into some hole in the pond.

But recently, no such mishaps. Maybe one Friday afternoon I'll join those boys and sit by the pond and reflect on how nice it must be to be a koi swimming back and forth all day! *grins*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home