Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Belly Dancer from Portugal!

Had a long day today. Was getting all panicky at work cuz of a case that is giving me a real headache. Also have some reports to get started on cuz of the deadline that is coming up real soon. Hate writing reports but it comes with the job I guess *sighs*.

Anyways, when I got home carrying a disgustingly heavy laptop (kept thinking to myself the whole afternoon that I need to get a smaller and lighter laptop than the dinosaur one that I am using now), big bag full of paperwork, and a bag with my mother's present, I was greeted by a large parcel on the table. Dropped everything and opened it and found a gorgeous painting in there.There were also other goodies in there and you can see how talented artist she is. She has also made her illustrations into postcards which turned out so cool!!



Eloisa is from Portugal and she is truly talented. We were trading for one of the leather brooch I had and in return I would get one of her illustrations. She asked if I wanted any in particular and I asked if she could do me a belly dancer. And she agreed and within the day, she did a sketch of how it would look and I knew the actual painting would be awesome.

I felt bad trading one small leather brooch for a painting that she was doing specially for me. She was a sweetheart and was okay with the trade but it didn't feel like a fair trade to me. So I made a couple of necklaces for her and hope she likes them.

Anyways, am so in love with the painting that she did for me. Here's a few more shots of the Belly Dancer from Portugal :o)


And here's another close-up shot. Can see the gold accents on her costume and eye make up. Gorgeous or what!!!


I am a truly happy person right now :o) Life is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home