Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Latest beading project.

Spent quite a bit of time sewing the last few months and not beaded for yonks. Then last week, had a very strong urge to bead and started work on some beads that I bought from Chatuchak Market in Bangkok from my last trips there. Frustrating thing was that just when I started beading, to my horror, I realised I didn't have enough bead caps. I was like ....huh....how can!!! And it was night time so couldn't head out to get it. I would if the shops were open!!!

Over the weekend, went to a lovely bead shop at Holland V to buy hmm...one item that I needed. But it is truly impossible to enter a bead shop and come out with only ONE thing. What I got instead were:

Yes, I didn't need like 3/4 of the things I got but they were just so pretty. How to tahan!! Anyways, worked on my beads and came up with a matching necklace, earrings and bracelet. I had no idea how I wanted the pieces to turn out, usually just got with the flow. This time, these pieces have a very vintage look about them and am please with the results. The bracelet looks like this:
So now it's back to my sock monkeys till something new catches my attention :o) Yes I am useless at sticking to one thing at a time! :o)

2 Comments:

Blogger .. said...

That bracelet is just amazing! Love your work on it.

4:28 am  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

Thanks Teresa :o)

4:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home