Monday, January 25, 2010

A gem indeed ...

I am not sure why exactly but I have resisted watching the period Korean drama (that can go on and on and on) but it could be because most of the time there's a lot of crying involve and too many sad instances or even god forbid, sad endings! Sorry but reality is miserable enough as it is and for my escapism to be worth escaping to,  I would like to watch happy Korean dramas.

But when I was in KL recently, I caved in and bought Jewel in the Palace or Dae Jang Geum which was a huge hit in 2003-2004 when it was aired in Korea and eventually around the world. Yes, many years later, I joined the mass of people who have watched this period drama and I absolutely LOVE IT. It took me many many weeks to watch it but it was worth it. I would like to re-watch this drama soon but am going to take a break otherwise suffer from an overdose of Jang Geum-ness.

I love the chemistry between the characters Ming Jun-ho (played by Jin Ji-Hee who is so darn cute) and Jang Geum (played beautifully by Lee Young-ae) and also liked how the story was nicely weaved around life in the palace. Yes, I would highly recommend this to anyone who is into Korean dramas and have not seen this. Assure you, HAPPY ENDING!!! *grins*

Hmm, now wondering what should I watch next ....

3 Comments:

Blogger Constant Thinker said...

Try watching "Princess Hours"..thats cute..:))

2:59 pm  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

Yup, like that too. And there are many other 'gems' like My Girl, Coffee Prince and many many more :o) Are you a fan of K-drama too?

5:05 pm  
Blogger Beau Lotus 涟 said...

I can't believe that it took you so long to watch this!!! Even me living in Europe I've caught on a few years ago...

If you like the male lead in Dae Jang Geum you must watch He Who Can't Marry - it's funny.

5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home