Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lovin' the Best Camera app ...

In my previous post, I took up the challenge of doing a Photograph A Day for a couple of months and I sure didn't know what I was getting myself into. Firstly, I don't do very well under such 'pressure' (from myself, yeah, I know it's silly). Secondly, the perfectionist in my made an appearance and nothing around me seemed worthy enough for me to shoot. Thirdly, weekdays are usually spent in the confines of my car, office, back in my car and home and everything just seems too boring. Fourthly, I don't bring my camera around when I do my walks around my work place so even if I find anything, I don't have my camera on me. So several weeks passed and I failed to get any decent shots at all.

Last week, I came across an application called Best Camera and it seemed interested so I got it. And only had a chance to play with it today and I love it. Realistically, even good photographers have to edit their photographs to 'clean' them up and I usually don't have much time or the skill to edit my photos creatively. I usually just clean it up such that the colours become brighter .. that's it. But from this application, it's so user-friendly to make simple edits. I am sure it is able to do more but for now, this might be a good start in helping me reach my goal of a photograph a day.

Just to show you what I have done so far, here are two samples from today:



Am not sure what kind of grass these are (above) but came across them today. And with the Best Camera application, this is what it looks like after some simple editing. I LOVE IT!!! There is actually a white frame around the photograph and with a black background, it looks real nice (to me at least) *grins* Am just amazed how the photograph looks so different just by changing it to a black-and-white version.

Another one is of my favourite drink - Coca Cola. I am still exploring the options so the photographs can be better but for now, am still experimenting (and lovin' it).



And here is after I played around some with the photograph. Again, with a black background and the white frame around, the contrast is pretty cool.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bernadette Chua said...

Love your pics! Keep posting! :)

8:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home