Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wishing all Moms out there...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

I hope you had a good Mother's Day today as you spend it with your loved ones. We kept it simple this year with my brother having a BBQ last weekend. Today I spent the day with my parents and also popped over to see the boys in the morning. Also this year, I decided to give my Aunties a little treat. With my Mom's help, we ordered yummy durian and mango swiss rolls from Rich and Good Cake Shop (other flavours include blueberry, chocolate, coffee, kaya and strawberry). If you're interested, Rich & Good Cake Shop is at 24 Kandahar Street, Singapore 198887 and their contact number is (65) 6294 3324. Take note their opening hours - Mondays to Fridays from 8am to 5pm, 8am to 4pm on Saturdays and 12pm to 3.30pm on Sundays.

As for my own Mom, I wasn't too sure what to give her. Not that I have to get her something but it's tradition for us to either go for dinner and also a lil token to say thank you to her for being such a great Mom. Usually I would get her a three piece china cup, saucer and side plate. She has a thing for these pieces and like me, they are all displayed and never used. Have teased her about it many a times, about how I will wait when she's not home and use her china cups to drink COKE with. That usually puts her in a foul mood! *grins* But this round, there weren't any new pieces so had to go back to the drawing board and think about what to get her. She did say that she wanted to get a picture frame so that she can put on display some family photos.

So off to Funan today (yeah, super last minute) and got her this lovely HP Digital frame (photograph below from this site). It has a nice large screen and so far I have managed to put up some photographs before giving it to my Mom. Hopefully, will figure out how to do the video and add the music to go with the slideshow too.


Unfortunately, there aren't too many interesting varieties compared to what I have seen online. Are digital photo frames not popular here? If they are, anyone has any idea where I can find some interesting ones for my own use. Am looking for sleek looking ones for my office *grins*. Anyways, am going to go and scan more photographs to add to Mom's photo frame ....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home