Thursday, April 02, 2009

Children Full of Life

I recently had a chance to catch the first two parts of this documentary and it was one that moved many of us to tears. You can catch it on youtube and I have also linked it here. What moved me was the passion of the teacher, in how he skillfully teachers them lessons which went beyond the textbooks. He was teaching them important lessons in life.
If only we had more educators like Mr Toshiro Kanamori , then many more children will be happy ...
This is a little description of the documentary:
"In the award-winning documentary Children Full of Life, a fourth-grade class in a primary school in Kanazawa, northwest of Tokyo, learn lessons about compassion from their homeroom teacher, Toshiro Kanamori. He instructs each to write their true inner feelings in a letter, and read it aloud in front of the class. By sharing their lives, the children begin to realize the importance of caring for their classmates."
Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Part Five

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Constant Thinker said...

Awww..that was so beautiful..!! I was so moved...it brought tears to my eyes. We do need more such teachers to teach with passion,love,care and understanding!!
In India where I come from,teachers are too busy trying to just complete the syllabus assigned in class to even think abt the pupil's feelings and such things.
Sad commentary of the times...
Still...hope is not lost...as these videos show-that people like Mr Kanamori still exist out there!
Thank you for posting this..!!

12:19 am  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

Yes it brought tears to my eyes too when I saw the video. And unfortunately, it's the same in many parts of the world that many a times, teachers are pressured to finish up the syllabus so that they can get the kids ready for exams. Hopefully documentaries like this and books like Totochan (one of my fave book) will inspire and remind teachers why they joined teaching ... it's not about teaching. It's about children. Glad you enjoyed the videos :o)

9:02 pm  
Blogger Munshi said...

It is amazing to have a chance to enjoy this podcast when I was wandering on net without any purpose. I learned Japanese when I was in Bangladesh but for life I am out of my Birth land ( Bangladesh).

I like Toshiro Kanamori's way of teaching and appreciate his noble efforts towards children. May millions of Toshiro Kanamori be engaged through their loves and efforts enlighten the children of today who are the future of the world.

Best Wishes
KHALED

6:10 am  
Blogger Patricia said...

This movie is so moving. The entire world needs to see it. I want to meet this man, if its the last thing I do

10:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home