Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Had a visitor today ....

I went into the office after a briefing in the morning and I was thrilled to finally sit in front of my computer so that I could start on work which has been piling up from the last few days. And I didn't realise how it happened but a dragonfly somehow came into my room (the windows were closed and to get to my room, you need to go through the General Office. So I did wonder how the lil fella get in.

I didn't scream (I would have if it had been a cockroach) but quietly walked out and asked if anyone could help remove the dragonfly from my room. And a dear brave lady came to the rescue, armed with a plastic bag and scooped the dragonfly away.

We had a closer look and it was the prettiest dragonfly that I have ever seen. It wasn't the regular green ones but this one had golden wings. We spent a few seconds oooohhhing and aaahhhing and then we realised it outside where there was a pond.

I felt good after that though I have no idea what it meant when a dragonfly come visiting....

Note: photo used is not of the actual dragonfly that visited me today, it's a borrowed picture

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Constant Thinker said...

My dear..a dragonfly visiting you means you are going to get lucky..(read,wealthy!!)

Lemme know if it really happens..
(Must keep my doors and windows open to invite them in,then!!LOL)

2:25 am  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

Now that will be interesting if that happens!!! Will keep you updated if I do strike it rich *grins*

9:20 pm  
Blogger Constant Thinker said...

Definitely..I think u can start packing ur bags to plan that trip to the villa u posted the pic of..Go ahead.!!!

5:54 am  
Blogger Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

My favourite author says dragonflies are fairies who dare not show their true faces during the day. The shy ones. lol

Whatever way you look at it, I think it's a wonderful visit!

12:46 pm  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

Agreed Fi. If it was a cockroach, now that's a different thing cuz I would be screaming my head off *shivers* Just cannot stand them. But dragonflies, they are totally different. And that's a pretty cool way to look at dragonflies...them shy fairies! Nice! :o)

9:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home