Sunday, February 08, 2009

Lesson Learnt ....

Last year, I blogged about my KL trip that had to be cancelled. And I bought insurance from NTUC Income for the trip because I was told that they had good coverage and quite prompt in processing claims. I used to get my travel insurance from American Express but they were costly and I was thinking for KL, I wouldn't have to get an expensive one.
Boy, that was a mistake! When I sent in my claims on 13.12.2008, I received a letter from the company dated 30.12.2008 that they have received my claims, and they are 'processing the claim and will give [me] a reply within 14 days'. I was confident that they would be able to do that because I had included all the information I had, receipts and for items that I did not have receipts, I gave estimates. I also included the contact person and number if they wanted to check with the Investigating Officer who was incharge of my case (hmmm, I do wonder what happened to the investigation .....)
Anyways, I waited two weeks and finally made a call on 23.1.2009 to ask about the status of my claims. And the person on the line told me that they will get somebody who was handling my case to call me back. Of course no one called. I finally decided to email and received a reply that they had sent a letter out on 20.1.2009 to ask me for the price of two items in my claims *sighs* If I knew the price, I would have included in my claims. And it took this long to ask me about these two items? And I received an acknowledgement email on 28.1.2009, letting me know that they will assess and reply on status of the claims.
And to date, nothing. So I wrote in to ask what is the progress since the last email. I will probably get a reply asking me about two more items on the list, and then two weeks later, another two more items. I don't know anymore. It's just so frustrating when companies make promises that they cannot keep. My experience with the travel claims I got through American Express was excellent. I had some medical claims while I was overseas and it was processed and payments made less than two weeks. Yes, I understand that this case is a little more completed but it will be almost two months!!!
Note to self: Don't bother with the cheap travel insurance next time round .....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home