Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you had the opportunity to do something special with your loved ones today :o) We decided that this year, we will not have dinner on Valentine's Day because we would be paying heaps more for the same food that we could have gotten on an ordinary day. Yeah, not very romantic but honestly, how romantic is it when you pay three times more (can even be more depending of location of purchases made) for flowers and food. I just don't like how businesses out there think of ways to make money on occasions like Valentine's Day by charging $250 per person for dinner and they throw in a bottle of wine with dinner. So this year, we had a nice Korean dinner way earlier in the week instead and it was nice because we weren't rushing through dinner (usually restaurants will try to have as many diners as possible so they have shifts and you have to finish your meal by a certain time) and the place wasn't too crowded either.
We were also at Funan today because I wanted to check out a small Acer laptop that was advertised in the paper. And I was disgusted to learn that for the same model, depending on your choice of colour, there's a price difference. For a coral pink (which I was eyeing), it would cost me $638 (cash payment) but if I was happy with black, blue and white, it will costs me $600. Yeah, $38 is not much of a difference but why do I even have to pay a different amount for coral pink? Because they claim that it's a limited edition. For laptops? And what's their definition of limited edition? It's just marketing and one has to be a fool to fall into that trap of buying something at an additional cost because of the colour! *shakes head* Was totally disgusted, and walked away after he offered me the laptop for $620 (best discounted price).
And when I got home, same laptop selling at Harvey Norman Hougang Mall Roadshow for $399, but only blue is available. So how does it all work then? I could have paid for one at $600 at Funan and at Hougang Mall, some other person would have gotten same one for less. I guess it pays to look around, something which I have very little patience for *sighs*. Makes shopping for a laptop such a chore now. Anyways, don't let my ramblings get to you. Have a great rest of the weekend!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home