Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fash Bash's Flea Market

Today, Mag, her lil girl Nat and myself headed out to check out the Fash Bash Flea Market that was held at St James Power Station. We were there about 2pm and that was good timing because by the time we left the place, it started to pour and the stalls at the carpark area had to pack up.

It was nice because half of it was outside, thus the carboot sale where you have all sorts of things pouring out of people's car boots - mainly clothes, trinkets, bags, shoes, toys and books. Some brand new and some pre-loved items.

Mag and I were also commenting that the carboot sale reminded us of the markets in London and Australia and how much we missed those markets. For me, it has been a while since I have been to Australia and I definitely enjoyed the weekends where we spent going from one market to another. Nice!

Okay it's not the best shot with people's back but I just had to take a picture of this gorgeous Toyota bB. I just had to ask the owner of the car who educated me on what kind of car it is cuz I have never seen one on the roads before. It has been modified some but there's lots of space at the back and had speakers so when you have the boot open, you can just take out some foldable chairs and sit and enjoy! I wish I knew how much it would cost to bring in this car cuz it seems that's the only way to get this gorgeous car into Singapore. More about this car at Wiki.

Indoors, you also have more stalls and I think the best one has to be the vintage stall where Mag got some gorgeous pieces at a steal. We also got some little things from a stall that sold clothes from Nepal. It's pretty tight area so you don't want to carry too many things with you as you have to meander your through the different stalls.

And Nat is such a cute shopper. She's definitely a girlie girl and her eyes lit up with excitement each time she saw pretty jewellery. She got herself some neat things including a nice mood stone ring and an OM patch! Mag, I think we should rope Nat in the next time we do any fairs ya! She will just love it! Also, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nat!!! Hope she has a great time tomorrow! Lots of hugs!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger MagTY said...

Thanks dearie! She's a real shopper yah?! :)

11:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home