Monday, December 15, 2008

Pretty in pink ...

Yes yes yes, before you start freaking out and saying, 'What the ....' *laughs* let me explain. As part of replacement shopping, I wanted to get myself a camera and S suggested this one. He calls it the camera for a 12 year old and knew I would go crazy about it because it's ... yeah PINK *laughs* ice cream pink by the way! As a teenage many many moons ago, I loved the colour pink. And I grew out of that phase and only to go crazy about it again while I am in my mid-30s. Yeah, some mid life crisis I guess. But this camera is really adorable and just made me smile when I saw it. So yes, we got it thanks to S!! *hugs*


If you're shaking your head right now, just hang on. Don't judge this camera by how it looks. It's actually a pretty good camera. Let me share the specs with you for this Canon Powershot E1:
  • 10.0 Megapixels (my previous one was only 7 Megapixel I think)
  • Color variations - White, Pink or Blue (yeah, your 12 year old girl will love this!)
  • 4x optical zoom lens with Image Stabilizer (useful to have the IS)
  • DIGIC III with iSAPs for clear, sharp images and fast response times (nice right?)
  • 17 shooting modes including Easy Mode, Sunset mode and IS0 3200 mode
  • Great people shots with Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB plus Face Select & Track
  • Combats blur with High ISO Auto, optical Image Stabilizer, Motion Detection Technology
  • Auto Red-Eye Correction in shooting and playback
  • 2.5” LCD screen with wide viewing angle, plus real-image optical viewfinder
  • Smooth, 30fps VGA movies with Long Play mode
  • All models powered by AA batteries for versatility (I actually prefer this cuz I can get replacements anywhere!)

Alrighty, now you tell me how many bimbos you know can do all that! *grins* And for $319 (we got it at Challenger and they threw in rechargeable batteries with its charger and a 8MB memory card with a card reader) if you're a member. Not too bad I think. For that price, I think we got a pretty good deal.

I am going to take my bimbo camera (term 'bimbo' used as a term of endearment ya *grins*) for a test drive tomorrow and hopefully she won't disappoint me. Will upload some of the photos and let's see if she's any good. Yeah I might get some weird stares from people for using this camera but who cares ya. She will just have to do until I get a proper DSLR!

Thanks S for this camera. I really really really love it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home