Thursday, September 13, 2007

Weekend treats ...

Last Saturday was good. Started the day with lunch at a nearby dim sum place and had a craving for chicken claws so had my fill of that. It was like yummy!! Am drooling just thinking about it now *sighs* Of course that wasn't the only thing we had, we had lots of other yummy things like prawns dumpling, spring roll, glutinous rice and many more dishes. Am a pig yes.

After lunch (more like brunch actually), Slawek and I signed up for pottery class (10 sessions in total) and we went for our first session on Saturday. No pictures from that but will take a picture of the products of our first class. We had a very patient teacher and there were a total of four people for the class including Slawek and I. Very relaxing after I got over the panic stage and realised that I shouldn't worry so much about getting it perfect. I get like that when I create things...it HAS to be perfect but after I realise that it's just futile attempts, I relax some and that's when I start enjoying what I'm doing.
In the evening, we dropped by at the Singapore National Museum as part of their HOMEMADE '07 where they had local musicians performing on stage. And next to that, they had a traditional Pasar Malam or Night Bazaar.

At the Pasar Malam, they sold lots of food from otah, satay, putu piring, nasi lemak. Lots to choose from. And yes, we tried ALOT of the food sold including the satay below. It wasn't too bad cuz we were early and didn't have to wait long. We were there rather early as this bazaar went on till 11pm and looks really great lit up at night.

We Singaporeans love our food and I was amazed to see so many people there and I guess any excuse to eat and reminiscence about the past, you'll find loads of people *grins*

And how could I leave and not have the ice cream potong. Picked my favourite flavour Ripple and had a choice between bread and wafer, I picked bread. Very generous helping for S$1. And yes, it was really yummy!

That's why my weekend was good. Lots of eating and lots of playing. That's how life should be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home