Sunday, August 19, 2007

Turning 35.


Yup, I am 35 today. What does it mean to be 35? Basically it means that if I choose to do so, I can now go ahead and buy a second-hand HDB flat of my choice. And right now, the cost of housing is at its highest so that's a sign that I should not get that flat just yet though it's an idea I have been toying with for the last year.

Other than that, nothing else changes actually. Life will go on as per normal. I will still get up each morning to go to work. Over the weekend, I will head out with family or friends, catch a movie, have a nice meal or just veg out. But I guess at 35, I realise that I need to make things happen rather than wait for things to happen for me. I know that for quite some time but knowing and doing something about it is totally different. So will I do something about it this year? Will I go forth and do what I really want? Than that would take me to think about what is it that I really want. I mean, REALLY want.

So far, I've done things that happen to come my way and I have been pretty luck in the sense that it's been good thus far. I have always taken the safe route and did what was expected of me. And there's nothing wrong with that. But for the last few years, I have been having this nagging feeling of restlessness, been questioning my existence on earth and what else I can do to make a difference. And honestly, I have not thought about this seriously. Maybe turning 35 is the right time for me to start thinking about the next phase in my life and the direction I want to go rather than just going with the flow. Hmmm, definitely something for me to think about ....
Note: The lovely jelly was made my a wonderful lady who has really mastered the art of making the jelly in the shape of the sunflower, which happens to be my favourite flower. The seeds in the centre is actually chocolate coated sunflower seed. Yummy!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger 3A Gurl said...

Happy Birthday and Commiserations on dah Poxy outbreak. Wah I never thought I would say both greetings in one line. I am happy that your quarantine is only 8 days! So See you this Saturday!

10:28 pm  
Blogger Bernadette Chua said...

Happy birthday Liz! BIG HUG. Saw my bday tribute? :)

12:18 pm  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

Thanks 3a gurl. MC got extended and am hoping to make it for the gathering this Saturday! :o)

Dear Bernie, thank you for the big hugs and tribute!!! *hugggies*

11:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home