Saturday, August 18, 2007

My plans for the weekend ...

I had it all planned out for this weekend some time back. Would have been working hard over the week so the weekend would be a real treat.

Over the weekend, I wanted to pop over to two markets that were new to me. Have never been to them so it would have been real great to be able to check them out. First one is Fash Bash and from their website, it's the first fashion bazaar where you can (i) buy, sell and barter pre-loved designer togs and accessories and (ii) snap up pieces from the latest collection, or discounted items from past seasons, and even grab stuff hot off the samples racks of local emergent and indie designer labels!

It's held over the weekend on 18 and 19 August 2007 from 11am to 6pm. If you're keen to check it out, head down to Curiocity Gallery @ NAFA Campus II (38 Bencoolen Street, #A1-02). And I even found where the place was while walking after eating too much prata last weekend. The second one is the Singapore River Market. Was quite excited cuz not seen this one and after the market at Stadium Cove closed down, was hoping that another one along the river/sea cuz the view would be awesome and I think the Singapore River is an excellent site as long as they keep the quality of the vendors good. That was the turning point for the Stadium Cove not being successful as a weekend market. They started with good vendors but cuz of the high rental cost, they started offering cheaper rates and brought in the pasar malam crowd that sold cheap mass produced items. And it started to become a heartland pasar malam in a classy location. A totally waste cuz I thought that one had the potential to be something as grand as the weekend market at The Rocks in Sydney, Australia. So will keep my fingers cross that this one by the river will survive.

Another treat for the weekend was to catch The King and I. I mean, we all grew up watching the movie ya and loved it so watching the musical would be just as fantastic - the colours, the music, the costumes, everything. Plus it would probably have included with makan before or after the show somewhere at the bay. Anyways, if you're going do let me know how it goes. It's on till 26 August so I might still be able to catch it ya.

So what's the new plan for the weekend? At 11.56am, I am not sure yet. Will think about it for now :o) It won't be work cuz I'll keep that for Monday. There's time for work then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home