Wednesday, June 13, 2007

First time in China ...

Am glad to be back after 9 days away in China . It was a good experience, and personally for me it was an eye-opener as it was my first time ever to China. Would I go back to China? Hmm..yes. Am curious to see Beijing (ideally before the Olympics but doubt I can make it before 2008) and also to go back to Shanghai to see the bits that I miss and complete the shopping that I didn't manage to do. I did manage to get a few local handicraft but one regret was that I didn't manage to see as many as I wanted too. It's really awesome how talented the artisans are. I did bring a few pieces back as souveniors from the trip :o)

Have quite a few pictures from the trip and would be hard to put them all up here. So will try and put them according to different themes. Let's see how that goes.

I had a nice window seat on my way to Shanghai and managed to take a shot of this. Makes me miss my old 'job' *sighs*.


My trip took me to Shanghai and Suzhou. I preferred Suzhou for sight-seeing as they have beautiful green areas and lots of lovely looking architecture, be them mansions of rich merchants, houses of the ordinary people or different pagados that stand out majestically from a far.

I love flowers and I usually end up taking shots of them and end up liking only a couple from the whole lot. Here are some of the ones that I like.

Top: I love this shot. It just screams PEACE and TRANQUILITY!


Top: Here is what a Japanese Maple tree looks like.

Top: What caught my attention was the colour of these lilies!

Alrighty, for more pictures from my trip, read my next post where there are pictures of the mansions and pagados that I visited.

2 Comments:

Blogger Slawek Rogulski said...

So that's where you got to that week. Sounds like you had a good time, too.

9:17 am  
Blogger Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

That lotus flower picture really is beautiful :)

2:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home