Saturday, June 02, 2007

Off to China I go...

I think I'm all packed, just a few more things to squeeze into my bag and ready to go. First time going with a group of young charges cuz am used to having older ones so this will be a quite an experience for me. I remember last time I was on a trip and saw a group of young kids obviously from a school and I was just thinking to myself, my goodness, brave teachers to be taking such young kids on a school trip. And guess what, yours truly is in the same position right now. So wish me luck! Half of my bag is filled with biscuits and snacks just in case kids go hungry. Yes, I know, they have food in China but stil!!!! *laughs*
Have heard horror stories about loos with no doors in China and having to bring along an umbrella. But I was told it's not that bad. In the city the loos are fine, but during a pre-trip briefing, was told that when we venture out, there will be places where you just have to do it and not be bothered about the loos having no doors. I experienced the same thing before when I was in Sweden and stayed in a hostel. Had a shock of my life when I went to have a shower and noticed the shower area had no shower curtains. I went out and asked the people there and they were shocked that I asked them for shower curtains. So I had to use my towel to cover and showered real fast. And while showering, a whole group of German girls came in and they were walking about the bathroom totally naked. I mean, girls in all shapes and sizes just walking about as if it was the most normal thing to do. Was normal to them but I was like HUH? And I saw a Japanese girl walk in and she nearly had a heart attack at that sight. We quickly did what we had to and walked out. After that day, I took my showers either very early or very late at night when no one was around. Guess that's an Asian thing.
Also heard that I should not get too shocked when I see people spitting anywhere and everywhere in China, which I heard is a national thing to do. Dunno what to expect so will just have to see it to believe the things that I have heard so far.
Am clearing my emails so that when I get back on 11 June, my mail box won't be jammed up. Found this interesting clip on YouTube of a belly dancer. Very interesting mix and I enjoyed watching her dance and you may too. And there's more of her too if you enjoy this.

So enjoy and look out for posts from my China trip!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home