Saturday, May 12, 2007

Shopping for Mom.

Twice a year, I go hunting to get the right present for my Mom - once for her birthday and another for Mother's Day. She doesn't expect anything from us, but it's become a tradition that she gets something to add to her cup-saucer-plate collection. The headache is trying to remember what she already has and yes, we have duplicates cuz of that. And she has it nicely displayed in her cabinet and my bro and I constantly taunt her by saying that the next time she goes on holiday, we're gonna drink Coke out of her precious teacups. That's usually enough to get her into one of her naggy moods :o)

Anyways, this year, I went on my shopping trip and after a while found a set that am sure she doesn't have. And the lady at the store volunteered to wrap it up being Mother's Day and all. Sure, go ahead I said. Was a long queue at the cashier and ten minutes later when I went back to collect the package, she was struggling to wrap up two boxes. I mean, boxes with equal sides and all. How hard can it be ya? But she was actually struggling and I was so tempted to stop her to end her misery cuz she was apologising away about taking so long and I was trying hard to smile as I watched her.

Mind you, this is from a big department store in Orchard Road. And I JUST had to take a picture of the salesperson's masterpiece:


And the two boxes are your regular square boxes and both are the same size. So she piled them up and taped both together. Even that wasn't done properly as you can see below:

Was a waste of time cuz had to rewrap the present and it's all ready for tomorrow. We're going over to my nenek's (i.e. granny's) place tomorrow with a few other aunts and their families. Should be fun to catch up with everyone.

Oh yes, if you're ever at Bugis, look out for this. We were out today and were going to get some mangoes from the fruit market (just look out for the BUGIS STREET sign, dive in and follow the crowd) and I have not seen it before til today.

To get a better idea of how huge the fan is, take a look at the picture below which shows people and you can see how huge it is. As to whether it helps with the ventilation. I dunno. When there is a lot of people, I guess it might help some though most of the time I am too busy drooling looking at the heaps of yummy food available there to bother about the heat :o)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Oh dear.
Talk about square peg ina round hole :o

8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home