Sunday, December 04, 2005

Swap from Sima (USA)

Got a package from Sima who sent lovely things from the States. Am feeling really bad about it cuz I just sent hers a bout a few days back so she will be probably be getting it only middle of next week.

She sent me some lovely fabrics that are so soft. I think they are flannel but am not sure cuz not good with my fabrics. Also put in two magazines that I am in the midst of reading.


She also put in there a bag of yummy Korean sweets are so lovely. Am on my third one right now.

She also sent me a sock monkey and I swear my jaw hit the floor when I saw how big it is. I mean, my exposure to sock monkey is basically from pictures I see on the net. And hard to tell how big it is from those pictures. So when I saw how big it is, my Asian sock monkeys are so small in comparison. And I take 6 hours to hand sew one small sock monkey, am wondering how long it will take to sew the 'original' size. Amazing.

Sima bought the sock monkey from a centre where elderly folks make unique sock monkeys like this and they are up for sale. I think it's a neat idea/concept. I have seen similar corners put aside for craft work at old folks home here in Singapore but I doubt they get much sale. I really like the idea of selling the craftwork by the elderly and people get to purchase these ...kill several birds with one stone. Maybe something I can think about and adapt for Project SPHERE....just maybe.

The other sock monkeys came out to greet the new addition to the family and we took a 'family' shot of all the sock monkeys. Two of the pink ones might not be with me for long so it's nice to have a family shot like this. Nice :o)

Thanks Sima for putting together such a lovely package. Love all the things you sent and am going to have fun with them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home