Friday, October 07, 2005

Toys for the new generation.

I enjoyed watching CARE Bear and Smurf cartoons as a kid and loved the cute cuddly toys I got. Those were the good old days when everything ended with 'happily ever after'. Recently, I bought a toy magazine 'Play Times'.

I thought it would be cool to read what interesting toys exist today. Some were cute but to my horror, I saw ALOT of toys which were rather scary looking. They had dolls that were neither dead or alive. They had teddy bears that came back from the dead to haunt the owners who neglected them. There were teddy bears with bloodied fangs and sharp claws. HUH?!?!

What happened to cute cuddly toys? Don't kids play with those kind of toys anymore? I know kids enjoying playing games that involve killing the other players, the more violent, the better. Am wondering if it's affecting the kids adversely.

More bullying cases in schools - I wonder why. Kids are angrier and lose their temper easily now. They have no problem hurting others and those watching have no problems watching and doing nothing.

Was pretty depressing after reading a toy magazine. Thankfully, there are still doll makers out there who make cute cuddly toys for children. One such person is Rosa Pomar who makes gorgeous toys that children can use their imagination to create adventures. Am eyeing her dolls and waiting for the right one and am going to get one. Here's another young and very talented doll maker and I am trading one of my necklaces for one of her red doll *grins* Yay! Am looking forward to getting that doll.

Not so depressed after finding out such ladies exist to make the world a less scary place for children, and yes, even adults!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home