Friday, September 09, 2005

Retail Therapy in Bangkok!

The heat and dust are things I do not miss about Bangkok. But there are many other things that I do miss after being in Bangkok for several days. Most of the people are really friendly. Of course there will be a few who can be rather aggressive or out to try and rip you off. But in general, there Thais are very polite and naturally friendly. I was 'sawadee ka-ing' and 'kop kun ka-ing' all the time there and the locals were very amused at my attempts at saying hullo and thanks to them. And got to do it right. It's got to be said very gently and it really made me more aware of how gentle the women and men are.

Reflections Hotel was alot of fun. It is not centrally located but close to Ari train station and super close to the weekend market!! Tried a different room this time - Room 208. Nice sitting area which I didn't use very much since the telly wasn't there. Each rooms have been decorated by different artists and it's all different. And things used to decorate the rooms are also for sale.

Also went for several massages at the hotel which were heavenly. And the last few were the best as I had an experienced lady who was firm and untangled the many aches and knots that I had. Also bought myself a nice souvenior from the hotel - this cute little teddy bear.



Also went to the weekend market which was lovely. However, I was kinda overdosed with the loads of beads they have there and I ended up getting only S$30 worth of beads. Am full of regret now :o( Have to find a way around this. But got some nice stuff for my family and for people at work so it wasn't a totally wasted trip. The weekend market is much better for buying things in bulk. The Suan Lum Night Bazaar is much cleaner and organised but prices are also higher compared to the weekend market. The weekend market is still a must go for anyone heading to Bangkok!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home