Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Escapism!

Exam period is when I am at my worse when it comes to self-discipline (usually I am bad but during this period, it gets real bad) as I find heaps of other things to do just to not mark. I cannot seem to sit down and just mark. There will be lots of distractions around me.

But I am also at my creative best during this time period as I 'escape' my marking by beading or creating jewellery. Experimented with some new beads that I got during my trip in June to Bangkok with Mag. Got some Carnelian Facetted Drops and tried to link them up to make a pendant like those I saw in Bangkok but failed miserably. Several metres of wire later, I gave up on that and tried to coil some silver wire around them. But again, failed miserably. Ended up turning them into earrings. Simple but I think they look pretty nice and they are not too heavy when worn.Oh well, now that I have made the earrings, I HAVE to get back to work if I am going to ever finish the marking. New batch of marking coming in tomorrow so would be ideal if I clear the sets I have now *sighs* So it's off to marking I go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home