Saturday, August 20, 2005

Burn Burn Burn!

Every now and then, something happens that makes me totally hate all this 'modern technology' stuff. Yesterday, I tried to open up a CD of all my pictures from my trip to the Great Ocean Road. Stupidly, I didn't make any hard copies of those pictures, thinking that I had time. Big mistake. BIG BIG MISTAKE. Because now, I can't even open the CD to retrieve my pictures.

All my pictures of the apostles (taken before the recent stack collapsed), gorgeous pictures of that trip gone! It's different when you see a place for the very first time. You cannot recapture those moments when they are gone.

So moral of the story - BURN BURN BURN. Am going to buy some blank CDs over the weekend and try and see if my other CDs are still okay. Was very upset before about what happened but realised nothing else I can do but move on.

I have passed the 'denial stage'. That was when I tried opening the CD on five different computers and laptops. I polished the CD with a polisher and even used toothpaste to remove any scratches.

I have passed the 'anger stage'. That was when I took it out at everyone I could. Blamed the whole world, cursed the girl who burnt the photos onto the CD to the people who refused to install the programme for my CD burner on my laptop.

I have passed the 'grieving stage'. That was when I wallowed in self-pity and wailed at how those precious memories are gone forever!! And how going back to those places will not be the same as seeing them for the first time!!

I am in the 'acceptance stage' right now. At least I think I am starting to accept what has happened. I pretty much know that I cannot do anything about it. What I can do now is try to save the other CDs that I have. Am going to get the software installed next week. Buy blank CDs over the weekend and burn at least five copies per photo CD.

Hopefully, soon I'll be in the 'moving on' stage. Unless my other CDs are also .....*touches wood*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home