Saturday, September 05, 2009

Surfing some ....

I am simply amazed by the kind of '-opoly' board games you can find these days. Everyone is riding on Monopoly's success and coming up with anything that you can possibly think of. I think I might have blogged about it before that when I travel, I do try and look out for the local version of Monopoly and bring it home as a souvenior from the country.
Today, while surfing for something else (yeah, online retail therapy time), I came across this rather interesting cool photo-opoly board game from Photojojo which by the way, is a pretty cool online shop for things got to do with photography. But a little later on Photojojo, now let's look at this photo-opoly.
How does photo-opoly work? You dig out your photographs, pick your favourite ones. There are spots on the board for your photographs, which are about 1 & 1/4 inch square. So you may want to find a photograph of that size or resize and print it out. The stick it on with the glue stick which comes with the board.
These spots are for the normal Monopoly real estate spots. Then go ahead and create your own labels. Really use your imagination and come up with your own themed board games. I would probably do a travel theme if I had this boardgame. I just need to see how I can get my hands on one of these locally. Didn't see it at Toys R Us. May have to ship it in, just need to find one with a reasonable shipping rate...
Next, back to Photojojo Store. It's really a cool place and I have already picked out several things I want (not need ya, want *grins*).  For example, for US$50, you can get this retro-ly hip bowler bag for your SLR camera. Go check out the website to see how it looks with the camera in it.
For US$10.00, you can get this bottle-cap that allows you to use any plastic bottle as a tripod for your camera. Sure beats lugging around a tripod stand and these bottles are easily available anywhere. This bottle-cap fits most plastic bottle. Cool ya. I want!!!

For US$20.00, I can pick a strap for my camera. And best part, there are SEVEN different colours to choose from - burgundy, teal, silver, lime, red, white and gold. And if the straps look familiar? Yeah, they are your regular car seat belts *grins* Cool huh?
And if I had another US$30.00, I would get this monster-mini tripod that holds the usual compact camera and able to stick to over 1000 surfaces and objects, even upside down! *sighs* Nice ...

That's a total of US$110 and there's heaps more that I would love to buy from that store. Now just need to rework my budget for next month to include some of these yummy goodies in my shopping basket *grins*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home