Monday, August 24, 2009

A lil bit of this and a lil bit of that ...

Have two things I want to post today and because I am just sheer lazy, am going to collapse everything to just one post instead of breaking them up into two different posts.

I was watching the last bit from Miss Universe (just to clarify, when I switched on the telly, that happened to be on so I watched since they were going to announce the results). And yes, was impressed that Miss Venezuela won AGAIN. Obviously, what they are doing to manufacture these beauty queens are working. Read about how the girls transform to perfect women with nips and tucks and what have you. But what I was interested in was one of the prize that they were giving to the winning Miss Universe.

So this portion of my post is dedicated to my dear friend, Gadget Girl *grins*. You know who you are lah!!! :o) I just had to share this with you and anyone else who might be interested. I love it because it's *drum roll* PINK. It's not a common brand here in Singapore but quite popular in the States. Let me present you with the DXG Luxe HD Camcorders.

A little more about this cutesy little camcorder from a site I came across:
DXG USA has unveiled the new DXG Luxe line of high-definition “couture camcorders” that combine high-quality video recording with fashionable design. The DXG-Riviera features a chic, quilted pattern with silver or bronze details and crystal accents in three colours. The DXG-Soho comes in a hip pink or blue argyle pattern with stylish leather accents. Both models record high-definition (720p) video, take 8-megapixel still photos (apparently interpolated from 5 megapixels) and feature a 3-inch LCD screen—all on a compact form factor only 1 1/2-inches thick. Neither camcorder has optical zoom though. The DXG Riviera and the DXG Soho models each retail for $149.99.
Sweet huh? *grins* So which do I like best? Gotta be the Pink DXG Soho Model, (pink one from the second row) followed by the Pink DXG Riviera (pink one from the top row). Gadget Girl, we need to have a conversation on this when I meet you next ya!


I usually have quite a bit of driving to do and while listening to Jean Danker (and her new buddy on air, Tim) on Car Tunes (Class 95) this evening, they ended by sharing three things today that made them happy. Jean shared that she saw that on Deepak Chopra's Twitter on '3 Things That Made Me Happy' and wanted to end the show differently. Such a simple activity that could be really powerful. Sometimes we are so caught up by things that make us sad, angry, frustrated that we forget amidst all that, there were things that made us happy too.

So made a pledge to share the 3 Things That Made Me Happy for the next one month. Made a pact with Slawek to end each evening with that. And if anyone else game to do this with me, let me know and let's share our three things for an agreed period of time. Who knows, it might go on for more than a month *grins* Till then, let's aim for a month.

My Three Things That Made Me Happy
Mind you, these three things are in no order of preference because all three made me real happy:

1. Having a nice dinner (that wasn't planned ahead).

2. Ehh, second one I cannot mention here because I might just get into trouble *laughs* so am bringing up my number three to number two. Ended my evening with yummy Bubble Tea (Mango Milk Tea with Pearls from Each A Cup). Yes, I am hooked on Bubble Tea. Will blog about that another time!

3. Received an unexpected sms from a friend in the afternoon to ask about something. Made me smile because we both were feeling hmmm _ _ _ _ _ in the middle of the day.

So what are the 3 things that made YOU happy today?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home