Friday, August 07, 2009

A nice end to the evening ....

Yesterday, we met at Centrepoint to have dinner and we went to our usual spot. It wasn't as packed and we got a nice booth at the corner. We had a very attentive waitress who didn't bug us until we were ready to order. And what made the dinner experience nice was her. Unfortunately, I didn't get her name so didn't get to praise her to her supervisor (I have done that at another branch because the girl who was serving us was really good, and went out of her way to get us what we needed for the meal).

What did this waitress do that I am even blogging about it? Let's see. I ordered a large bowl of noodle and asked for another bowl (so that we can split the noodles). Most of the time, I had to remind the waitress for the extra bowl because they would have forgotten my request. So when the noodles came, I was surprised because there were two bowls of noodles. I was all ready to return one bowl, thinking that she thought I ordered two bowls instead of one. But what had happened instead was that she asked the kitchen people to split the noodles into two and it came all split up, nicely arranged and all ... ready for us to eat. I was like WOW, she knew what I wanted to do and went ahead and got it done for me. I was IMPRESSED!

What I noticed in Singapore is that we always get ALL our food at the same time and we'll end up rushing through the food to make sure that we eat it while it's still hot. Sometimes it can get a little too much when I am still slurping on my soup and the main meal comes and I somehow have to figure out how to manage both at a time.

But what happened yesterday was the waitress came by to check on us but very discreetly. Somehow, she arranged it such that the dishes we ordered were spaced out nicely so that we could finish one dish first before the next one came. So we had time to savour the dishes separately, and when it was time to tuck into the next dish, it was still nice and warm. I guess it was a coordinated effort between the kitchen and serving staff but it was really nice.

Because of that, we left the restaurant feeling full yet spent half the amount of what we would normally spent for dinner there. And we felt good that we didn't rush and could enjoy a relaxing meal.

I was wondering though if it would be the same if it was packed with people on that day. Would the waitress still be able to arrange our meal like she did for us yesterday? I would really like to have that experience all over again the next time I go there because such experience basically brings the customers back over and over again. Nice :o)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home