Saturday, August 08, 2009

The H.E.A.R.T Market ...

Stumbled upon a flea market today while passing Waterloo Street. It looked rather cramped but dived in to check it out.

The H.E.A.R.T Market or the Handicrafters, Entrepreneurs, Artists and Retail Talents Market takes place every second weekend of the month at the Sculpture Square which is located at 155 Middle Road. This is at the junction of Middle Road and Waterloo Street. A quick google surfaced more information about this market.

This socially conscious flea market focuses on promoting youth entrepreneurship and charity awareness. The market also partners with many charitable organisations such as Very Special Arts, Friends of the Disable Society, MKAC and Bizlink Centre.

From what I saw, there were stalls selling clothings and accessories (jewellery and bags). When I was there, the crowd wasn't so bad and I could still walk around comfortably through I can imagine with a larger crowd and how tables were laid out, it can get a little tricky. But I guess that's the fun part of them flea markets. Did I buy anything? Nothing caught my attention so walked away from there empty-handed after taking a few photos for this post.

If you're interested, here's more information. For a day, it will cost you SGD$50 per stall. Total cost is SGD $100/stall for whole event (you cannot rent just for one day, it has to be for both days). For this price, you also get the following:

  • 3x3 feet table with table cloth and maroon skirting
  • 2 chairs
  • Well-Sheltered: Large Professional Tentage with Ceiling Fans
  • Live Entertainment from our Live DJ and also our resident Live Band JAI Entertainment. (subject to band's availability)
  • Power Supply (F.O.C. on request, bring your own extension cords)
If you are a charitable organisation, or registered society who wish to gain more exposure via the H.E.A.R.T. Market, do feel free to drop them an email at enquiries@calaminesolutions.com. You can also get more information from their website.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger MagTY said...

I saw that flea market when I went past on the same day on way to watch "GI Joe"..... would have loved to pop there :)

9:54 pm  
Blogger Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Sounds interesting... thanks for sharing!

6:22 am  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

I like the idea behind the market. I just hope that it continues in the right spirit. Somehow in Singapore, the good markets some how can't seem to survive. I remember we used to have a market by the bay (Indoor Stadium) and the first few weekends, it was awesome and reminded me of the Sydney Market by the Rocks. Then it went all cheap by bringing in the pasar malam sellers. After that, it just died. Sad!

10:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home