Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Scientist 14 April 2007

Sometime last year, I was asked if my picture of a mangrove tree could be used in one of the issues for New Scientist. They were doing an article about Pulau Semakau and I guess it was cheaper to get pictures already taken by visitors to the island than send a photographer all the way to Singapore to take some shots.

Anyways, not wanting to go into details of the interesting exchange that took place, I had find my own copy of the magazine. Was kind of tough considering that I didn't know which issue the picture was going to be used in. A year (and several months later) I found an online company that had back issues of New Scientist and managed to order a copy (found the issue by doing some major googling).

And today, it arrived! New Scientist 14 April 2007 Issue. And excitedly flipped through the pages and found the page with my picture. And the saga continues. Too small to be seen here but I checked the name that they printed and they spelt my name all wrong. Mind you, this is New Scientist Magazine not one of those printed in some dark alley and yet they managed to mess up my name (among a few other things). Well, nothing can be done I guess.
And if you're interested in the original shot, I have included it below. It's been awhile since I last went to Pulau Semakau. Maybe it's time for a visit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home