Thursday, January 10, 2008

Every story comes to an end...

PISA

Yup, the this is the real thing and it's truly leaning to one side. I expected to be leaning more but it wasn't so obvious when I was looking at the tower but now looking at the picture, OH MY GOD!!!

FLORENCE
Another beautiful (aren't all the Italian cities beautiful?) place that is must see would be Florence, known for their jewellery and leather products and yes, they are expensive stuff cuz both the gold and leather are imported from elsewhere. And yes, we caved in and bought something gold and something leather .... But other than shopping, there are HEAPS to see and you have to be a few days to see everything that Florence has to offer so looks like I have to return to check them out again.

This is not the real David but this is the one that you can take a picture of (well you could try to sneak a shot like SOMEBODY I know did). The real David is really amazing...the details on him, I expected him to just take a step forward and start walking out cuz he looked like the real thing!!! AMAZING!!!
SIENNA

We only had a few hours to see this lil town and had lunch there. We were there over the weekend so it was real pack with lots of people out, probably shopping for Xmas.


ROME

Tour over and we had a few days to ourselves. So we visited Spagna or the Spanish Steps and I guess I expected something more but it was just a whole lot of steps for us to climb. Guess I was feeling a lil grouchy cuz the weather wasn't nice (drizzling) and there were heaps of people out ...tourists and locals.


And how can we not see the Trevi Fountain although it wasn't part of the tour (very odd there). But thankfully we had some time and yes, I threw a coin in and made a wish .....


While waiting to meet up with the others for Xmas Eve dinner, we went on an open top bus ride and these are some of the pictures from the bus ride. Not bad considering how bumpy the ride was.

St Peter's Square on Xmas Eve with lots of people waiting to go into the Museum as well as the Basilica. We were happy to just wander about the square as we watch the people prepare for Xmas Midnight Mass that evening.

You cannot be in Italy and think that you won't put on weight. Gelato greeting you at every corner and pizza and pasta for several meals a day, oh I do miss those wonderful days...

One of the many things for Xmas Eve dinner, three flavoured pizza - Magherita, Seafood and Anchovies!

Here's just a sneak peek of my Italy trip. For more, head to flickr!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I just came across your blog looking for a vintage kokeshi book??? Great pics! Sounds like you had a blast in Italy. Venice is on my list of places I'd love to go to someday. Ciao!

10:35 am  
Blogger Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Those are great pictures! Looks beautiful...

some day, Liz... some day :)

8:28 am  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

Hi Steph, yes I had a lovely time in Italy and Venice is definitely a must visit :o)

Thanks Fi, it's a beautiful place yes and I would love to go back there again but this time ditch the tour and just self explore :o)

3:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home