Friday, October 20, 2006

#2 - My Girl!



My second Korean drama series that was based on a recommendation by a flickr friend is My Girl and am glad I saw it. It's a good movie and no cute guys walking around wearing pink sweaters or frilly shirts this time round. My Girl is definitely meant for the adult viewing cuz you have men wearing sensible clothes so there were fewer EEEWWWWs from me.

Plot wise, it's different from Princess Hours. I can't decide which I like best cuz they are both very different. My Girl is a story of a girl was hired to pretend to be the long lost grand-daughter of the President of one of the big hotels in Korea. Out of desperation, she agreed to the job as she had to raise money to pay off debts chalked up by her father. And yes, there's a happy ending as usual. And what I noticed is that so far, there will always be that ONE super irritating character that you hope will just DIE in the show and for this one...it's her FATHER. Throughout the drama, I was constantly mumbling to myself 'Die old man! Die!!' I am usually a very nice person (okay, most of the time when I am in a good mood I can be really nice) but this character just brought out the horrid me :o)

So if you want to watch a nice drama series, here's another one! Is there a third one you ask...well, wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home