Saturday, October 14, 2006

Life after Goong

In life, ANYTHING can happen. I used to be one of those who enjoyed laughing at ladies who were hooked on them Korean drama series. I heard of friends who were glued to the tv set with a box of tissue on their lap, eyes swollen from lack of sleep and endless weeping.
I am a humbled woman now cuz the Korean drama series bug just bit me, and I swear it's bad. I didn't think that I would stay up till wee hours of the morning to watch episodes after episodes. I didn't think that I would be wailing away at the sad bits or going all teary at the totally romantic scenes but I did *hangs head in shame* And even went to work totally zombified and impatiently wait for the hours to go by so that I could rush home to continue watching the show. I finished 24 episodes in 3 nights *laughs*.
What show was I so hooked on? Well it's being shown on tv now but I was too impatient to wait for it so I googled and found it on youtube. The show is Princess Hours or Goong and I have a picture of the main characters below.
Not going to say much about the story line but there is a crown prince who was forced to marry a commoner thanks to an agreement made by their grandfathers. Crown prince was in love with another girl but she had rejected his proposal. Crown prince's cousin fell in love with commoner girl but she was in love with crown prince. Confused? Good cuz then you just have to watch it for yourself.

The crown prince is the second dude in the picture. To the far left is the girl he was in love with. The girl in white is the one he was forced to marry. Dude to the far eight is his cousin who in the girl in white. Are the guys the cutest? Especially the crown prince *laughs* Now, if you aren't sure if you would like to watch this, I've come up with some scenarios for you to response to. Based on your response, it should be easy enough to decide so go ahead and check out the questions.

1. Guys walking around with shaggy haircuts (ala Beetles era) in PINK sweater or polka dot shirt with little lacy frills.

Response A: Awww, so cute!!!

Response B: FREAKS! FREAKS! FREAKS!

2. Girl likes boy. But boy likes another girl. Another boy likes first girl. But girl doesn't like other boy.

Response A: Ooohh, who ends up with who! Tell!!

Response B: I have NO patience for this.

3. Boy says to girl 'I miss you even when I am with you!' or 'When you are sick, I hurt'.

Response A: Awww, I am in love with that boy!!!

Response B: Oh god, I am going to so PUKE!!!

4. King secretly in love with own brother's wife. But his wife doesn't know about affair.

Response A: Ohh, scandalous! Give me more...

Response B: *roolls eyes in opposite directions*

5. Are you willing to give up sleep to watch 24 episodes in the shortest time possible?

Response A: Yes yes I am!!!

Response B: I'll take sleep over some crappy drama series.

Alrighty, if you had more A responses, then you MUST catch Princess Hour. For more about the movie, head this way. If you want to watch it online, head to youtube. You can also buy the DVD from Gramaphone if you want to have with English subtitles. HMV only has VCD version with Chinese subtitles.

Have also bought a few more Korean movies and will share if they are any good. Am I hooked? Maybe. But I blame Princess Hours the tv drama series for getting me started on this bitter sweet journey and if you're going to check out this series, let me just remind you that you have been warned, so be careful my friend, be very very careful! *grins*


4 Comments:

Blogger Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Babes, you need to be spanked. lol. MBA reputation is at stake! ;P

Needless to say, I am Bs.....

3:45 am  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

I am soooo losing it!!! Got to snap out of this...now...right now!!! *laughs*

Ehhh, maybe after I finish watching My Girl k? Yes, it's another Korean sappy romantic comedy *hangs head in shame*

2:26 pm  
Blogger 3A Gurl said...

hah hah you like me when i start on my hk serials. can finish 40 episodes within 1 week if necessary, with repeat viewing of 'important' bits.

12:02 pm  
Blogger Me, Myself n I said...

Yes yes, I just recently did a repeat viewing of the 'important' bits. Am now done with my second drama series My Girl!!! Yay!!! Next...

7:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home